Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wildflowers


For the past two months, my drives through the country have had the best roadside scenery: Wildflowers everywhere!


The purple flowers were out first, along with pink/magenta, yellow and white.

The yellow are some variety of Coreopsis, Florida's state flower. These have stayed the longest out of all the flowers, lasting into our summer and enduring the heat indexes of 100+ that we've been experiencing lately.
This picture was taken a few days ago on the road between Bell and Branford. Middle of the day so the colors were faded. Actually most of my photos taken while working are like this.
This last picture was taken a few months ago in Brooksville. I think someone gave up on their orange grove, letting the oranges stay on the tree and wildflowers take over the ground.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I LOVE the pictures that you take. Wildflowers are my favorite to see, and you capture them so well!